1. How long have you been on DeviantArt?
I has been 7 years according to my front page; I I even remember what that day was like in Feburary. It was a good feeling to finally get into the "real world" and show my art around the world, as opposed to just around the house.
2. What does your username mean?
Originally my name was different than it is now--it was "Thetrainingartist," and that was pretty descriptive, I think. My new username (as of dA introducing the name-change feature), "Atlas," is a joke between me and my brother a while back.
3. Describe yourself in three words.
Focused. Patient. Determined.
4. Are you left or right handed?
I am, as my friend JonasScharf
would say: a "southpaw."
5. What was your first deviation?
This. I remember making it too. I should draw this again one of these days just to compare the artistic growth.
6. What is your favourite type of art to create?
Traditional, pen and ink, comic art type stuff, like my gallery is full of.
7. If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be?
I am seriously torn between being a digital boss like
or being a Traditional God like
; you've got the industry side of things, where Digital is really what's hot, but you can never beat that painterly look. BUT! Since I feel like being a traditional god is obtainable, I will venture to say I'd like to instantly master Digital Art.
8. What was your first favourite?
My favorites claim this is:
but I remember that it isn't. It was either something by
(he was one of the first, if not the first person I ever watched here) or Pepper by Artgerm
--I do remember that much. So, I guess at some point dA has a favorites cut-off point???
9. What type of art do you tend to favourite the most?
I'd venture to say it's cut up pretty evenly between Traditional/Digital/Photography.
10. Who is your all-time favourite deviant artist?
That is a tough one. So tough in fact that I am not going to answer that.
11. If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be?
12. How has a fellow deviant impacted your life?
has really come through for me and my family on so many levels, emotional support, financial support at times, artistic support, critiques. I mean this guy is just amazing.
13. What are your preferred tools to create art?
0.5 MM Lead Holder, Kneaded Eraser, Non-Photo Blue Col Erase pencil, Faber Castell Manga Pitt Pens
14. What is the most inspirational place for you to create art?
Anytimy, anywhere in My mind. That's where everything starts.
15. What is your favourite DeviantArt memory?
Tough question. Maybe, off the top, getting my first ten watchers, which--I remember!--includes:
After that it would definitely be getting my first commissions ever, back in 2010,
. A big day in my artistic career!